Cubao and Marikina Churches of Christ:
We continue to reach the lost souls by teaching the Gospel of Chirst in streets near at Cubao Church building, in tracts distributions at bussiness area and door knocking. Last February 13 we also hosted the monthly door knocking at Friendship Road Marikina city and brethren from different Churches of Christ help us in reaching the lost.
The feeding ministry continues to share the love of Jesus to every kid in a remorse place of Marikina City, the Balubad area. This is the area where many kids cannot go to school due to poverty. Thru this ministry many parents started hearing the Word of God and learned about the Church of Christ. We have now three areas in Balubad where we conducted the regular feeding program
Bible Studies …
Regular Bible studies conducted by mission team led by brother Danni continue to plant the Word of God to every listener. Brother Sammy also conducted regular Bible studies for kids in two areas at Balubad. They also distributed toothbrush, toothpaste and noodles to the kids.
Sister Remy Kingsley and sister Prissy Sellers together with Philip Kingsley visited the mission work in Marikna and helped them in teaching the lost souls.
Tutorial Center Annual Field Trip …
The annual field trip of Tutorial Center was held last February 19 at one of the park in Quezon City. The kids enjoyed seeing the animals in small zoo at the park. Sister Prissy Sellers conducted devotional to the parents after lunch fellowships and the parents are very attentive. The kids enjoyed singing at the park and listening to Bible stories conducted by bro. Mike.
Ten precious souls were added by the Lord in His Kingdom at Marikina Church as the results of planting the Word of God to every heart of lost souls.
See more pictures log on at:
search for: firstname.lastname@example.org
Muntinlupa Church of Christ Update:
Greetings in the name of our Great God.
Last December 23 we had three baptisms, Patricia Alfaro, Krissiane Amor Macayan, Val Libramonte at villalim swimming pool. Patricia Alfaro and Krissiane Amor Macayan are classmates both are 4th year high school students and will be graduating this next month March, and they plan to continue in college on June. Val Libramonte is a fruit vendor and single and lives by himself, he came to know the Lord by referral of a friend, conducted Bible studies twice a week which ended up with the Lord opening his heart to accept Christ through baptism.
December 27, I spoke at Imus Congregation in cavite for their 13th church’s anniversary. This neighboring
congregation is an hour’s drive from Muntinlupa, I was glad to share with them “Being Grateful and Thankful of God’s Blessings”. The fellowshipping was great and the food was good.
January 2, I officiated a wedding in bicol region. The couple Bro. Armen Alarin and Sis Michelle Martinez has requested my dad who is preaching in Daet Camarines Norte to contact me to officiate their marriage. . They are Christians attending a house church in Macogon, Labo Camarines Norte. They invited their friends to witness how we conduct marriage in the church and they are glad to hear about the sacredness of marriage in God’s eyes, the responsibilities of both husband and wife and how God design a family to give glory to him. The reaction of their friends and relatives that are not Christians yet is positive and the food was excellent. This is the first time that I really enjoyed the food in the wedding the province.
January 4, first Sunday of the month of 2010 preached in Daet and Dagang congregation in bicol. I was supposed to go back in Muntinlupa after the wedding but my dad was hospitalized so we stay back till he gets a little better. Speaking again to this small congregation in Dagang who meets in their house is encouraging, I have known them for many years but I don’t see them very often
January 8, Friday we are already back in Metro Manila and I was requested by the brethren in Tondo to officiate the wedding of Bro. Gerry De Vera and Sis Freecarlchi Morales, its about 2 hours drive from our place. Bro Gerry is an engineer who works in Dubai and Sis Freecarlchi is a lawyer in metro manila she hopes to join her husband in Dubai in a few months. I have known sis Freecarlchi’s parents since I was a teenager, I guess this is why they want me to officiate Freecarlchi’s wedding.
It has been a very busy month for us in Muntinlupa, and I have always thought of being on time with my update but most of the time it is delayed, my apology. God bless you all.
In His service,
Greg Q. Gallardo, Jr.
Mission Trip, Philippines:
We are now in the PHILIIPPINES doing mission work in the Manila area and surrounding places. There are 18 baptisms so far and more that are studying God’s Word.
Highlights of our trip include the following:
- Feeding of over 500 children and adults on March 11 in Balubad, Marikina City. This is such a blessing to see the children fed physically (rice porridge and juice) and spiritually through Christian songs and stories.
- Medical Missions in Cubao, Quezon City on March 13. Over one hundred children have been treated physically. The workers here will follow up on those interested in studying the Bible. We are blessed to have so many volunteers. Dr. Derin Dopps and Ezra volunteered their time and effort in seeing all the patients.
- Did many seminars like “How to Teach Sunday School” by Prissy Sellers. Dozens of congregations from the Metro Manila areas and Cavite participated in this very informative seminar. She also presented “Women of the Word’ based on Titus 2 on how women will be good examples in whatever age levels they are. She also did seminars on “Four Personality Types” and ” Keys to Loving Relationship”. She presented these to several churches on how we get along with each other and understand each other to be effective in serving the Lord.
- Tim and Derin preached in several churches on two consecutive Sundays they were here in March and did an excellent job in encouraging the church on evangelism. They preached in the Balubad,Friendly church (Marikina City), De Castro (Pasig), and Makati congregation.
- Philip had one on one Bible studies with the teenagers (his age group) and baptized more than one dozen of them. He also helped the youth in their activities in raising funds for the upcoming National Youth Camp in April by having garage sales, and selling recycled items.
- The group also have and still continuing having one on one Bible studies. So far as of this printing, there are 25 people baptized into Christ for the remission of their sins.
- Graduation of 21 students from the Tutorial Center from Balubad and Friendly churches. The students received their recognition and medals on March 15th. Through this ministry, the church bond with the community and it is easier to set up Bible studies with them. There are already dozens converted and more Bible studies set up in the last three ye
- The ministry also helped in rebuilding those houses devastated by typhoon Ondoy. A number of houses are now being repaired. They just need boards and nails to put their houses together.
With little things that we do for His glory like giving medicines to the sick, giving food to the needy, sharing the gospel, praying for those who need prayers and uplifting Christians and non-Chritians, the love of Christ is being shown and more are drawn to Christianity and as a result become stronger in their faith. That is the reason what the ministry is for in this area and beyond. Thank you very much for your prayers and support. We will still be here until April 10 and fly back to Wichita to continue the work the Lord has given us.